Nulux’s mission is to continuously improve our customers’ ability to manage and optimise their energy needs
We do this by focusing on three core business areas:
- Energy Saving Technologies – bringing the world’s best practice to the Australian market and further improving it wherever we can
- Switchboards & Controls – essential electrical infrastructure for our customers which increasingly incorporates our energy saving solutions and smart reporting technologies
- Electrical Engineering – the core expertise supporting each of our other business areas; as an electrical system designer and custom manufacturer we can also deliver unique solutions to meet our customers’ needs
At Nulux we stand by these core values:
- Integrity – We aim to always act honestly and fairly. We stand behind our products, services and solutions. We honour our promises.
- Customer Focus – We strive to deliver solutions which satisfy our customers’ commercial as well as technical needs. We seek to not only meet but exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Technical Excellence – We start with real knowledge and skill. We ensure that the solutions we develop ourselves and source from others are technically sound, appropriate and robust.
- Innovation – We embrace innovation and ingenuity. We seek out the best solutions globally and work with our partners to refine and develop them for our customers. We seek to advance the state of the art in energy saving technologies and electrical engineering
Nulux has a head office in Sydney and an engineering and manufacturing centre at Albion Park Rail in the Illawarra. We design, manufacture and assemble many of our solutions right here in Australia and we are a proud local manufacturer.
We serve the entire Australian and New Zealand market. Our growing network of trusted distributors and Certified Nulux Installers gives our customers a local point of contact with Nulux in many regions. See more about what we do here.
The Nulux business was established in 2011 by a team who still serve as its senior management.
Tony Ferguson, Executive Chairman
Prior to his career at Nulux Tony had a 25 year career in the investment banking industry. For most of his banking career Tony worked at Macquarie Capital where his roles included Chairman of Macquarie’s Global Natural Resources business, Head of Telcos Media and Technology and Head of Asian Investment Banking. Tony established and grew Macquarie’s presence in Canada as well as its global natural resources business. Tony was also Head of Rothschild Investment Bank in Australia and worked at UBS in London. Before his banking career Tony worked as an engineer with Rio Tinto and environmental & geotechnical consulting firms. He also established and jointly managed the software development business Practical Solutions. Tony holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) degree, a BSc majoring in Computing Science and an MBA (with Distinction) from IMD in Switzerland. Tony founded Nulux Energy which merged with Engineered Energy Solutions in 2014.
Peter James, General Manager of Technologies
Peter has over 27 years of experience in the electrical industry, undertaking roles from design engineer, senior engineer and lead engineer through to engineering manager with his current role being General Manager of Technologies at Nulux. Peter’s background has for the most part been in heavy industry, working throughout the BlueScope Steel Port Kembla plant along with many of the coal mines in the Illawarra area. In these positions Peter has worked with many leading engineers on technically challenging projects. Power quality and energy efficiency have become real interests for Peter over the years as he’s seen the effect one can have on the other. Peter brings with him deep technical insight and practical working knowledge of electrical engineering and energy saving technologies that enhances the capability base of Nulux and is available to our clients. Peter was the co-founder of Engineered Energy Solutions in 2011, the predecessor of Nulux Energy Solutions.
Steve O’Brien, General Manager of Manufacturing
Steve is Nulux’s General Manager of Manufacturing, overseeing the manufacture, assembly and installation of our switchboards, controls and energy saving solutions in our manufacturing premises in the Illawarra. Steve is also involved in marketing of electrical infrastructure and energy saving solutions to our larger commercial, industrial and mining customers and manages many of these relationships for Nulux. Steve has over twenty years experience in project and business management roles across the electrical and instrumentation construction sector. He has a long history of delivering complex projects with large teams while maintaining excellent client relationships. Steve was the co-founder of Engineered Energy Solutions in 2011, the predecessor of Nulux Energy Solutions.